Bible Desktop is free Bible Study software. It is actively improved with releases every few months.
Bible Desktop has the following distinctive features:
- You can run Bible Desktop on Windows, Mac and Unix. This is especially attractive for you if you use more than one of these.
- You can view an unlimited number of Bibles in parallel.
- You can view differences between Bibles in the same language.
- You can do rich searching of Bible text, Strong's Numbers, Notes, Headings, and Cross References.
- You can view search results in the same window that you view Bible passages.
- You can expand the context of all or selected search results.
Web Start Bible Desktop
If you have Java SE installed, this includes the Java Web Start technology called javaws. In Windows, to launch the Bible Desktop nightly build using Web Start, without having to open a browser, create a Windows command file containing the following line.
Save this with a suitable filename, such as BD_WS.cmd and then create a Windows shortcut to it. To go the whole hog, you may wish to optionally change the shortcut properties, such that the command window starts minimized, and even apply a suitable icon, such as the one found in BibleDesktop.exe
Java 7 64-bit
You can read more at the Bible Desktop home page