- 1 CrossWire's policy regarding Biblical texts
- 2 Brazilian copyright leglislation
- 3 How to set BibleDesktop module installer for the Xiphos modules repository?
- 4 Distinguishing between ftp access and http access for module repos
- 5 PocketSword and the new av11n repository
- 6 Polish Projekt Sword
- 7 Japanese repo
- 8 Bond Slave Version
CrossWire's policy regarding Biblical texts
Somewhere in the wiki there should be a clear statement about CrossWire's policy regarding Biblical texts. i.e. That CrossWire is not an authority for generating such texts. When textual errors are reported, CrossWire does not seek to correct them, but to obtain a better text from another source. Is there already an agreed form of words that could be pasted into the appropriate wiki page? David Haslam 08:01, 24 September 2008 (MDT)
Brazilian copyright leglislation
Copyright duration in Brazil is Life + 70 years, as tabulated in . This is similar to many other countries. It is therefore inadequate to claim for the ACF text, "Copyright status ok under Brazilian legislation", without citing proper evidence that permissions have been obtained from the copyright owners. There have been lengthy discussions in the CrossWire mailing lists about the difficulties of obtaining a legal right to use any Portuguese translation. This new addition to the main page here is dubious to say the least. The linked wordpress pages of siriarah do not provide enough evidence for the provenance of the digitized text used for the several ACF downloads. For all we know they could have all been derived from a dubious text posted on another file-sharing service. David Haslam 19:47, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- I have therefore changed the last sentence to Copyright status not verified. David Haslam 19:49, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
How to set BibleDesktop module installer for the Xiphos modules repository?
The edit site dialog in BD is different than in SPW. How does one set BD to access Xiphos? David Haslam 17:32, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, BD is unable to access the Xiphos repo right now, as we do not have http access (nor do we zip up the modules in the way BD requires). I have thought about setting it up, but no one has requested it yet. --Mwtalbert 21:57, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- Now that the Xiphos repo also has http access, it is feasible to add it as a site for BD. David Haslam 19:56, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
Distinguishing between ftp access and http access for module repos
Do we require to specify separate directories for ftp and http access? cf. BibleDesktop only has http access. David Haslam 19:58, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
PocketSword and the new av11n repository
The new av11n repository is to be a public repository (or will be once it's all set up), not a beta testing repository. Once everything's in place, it may be sensible for PocketSword to name this repository as CrossWire 3. I have already made this suggestion to Nic. David Haslam 10:41, 19 June 2011 (MDT)
- This became no longer necessary. CrossWire Main now includes modules with Alternate Versification. David Haslam (talk) 07:15, 25 April 2017 (MDT)
Polish Projekt Sword
- Section removed from main page because of broken link. David Haslam 14:12, 16 January 2012 (MST)
Polish Projekt SWORD. Copyright status uncertain for some of these Polish modules. Some of the module download links are now broken. Maybe the site is not being actively maintained. In October 2009, I was able to download only these two modules:
- Biblia Warszawsko - Praska (1997)
- Biblia Gdańska (1881)
The other links were for the following works:
- Psałterz Dawidów Jana Kochanowskiego (1579)
- moduł codziennych rozważań biblijnych "Dobre Nasienie"
- polska wersja słownika greckich kodów morfologicznych Robinsona
Perhaps these can still be retrieved from the Wayback Machine?
I just tried a refresh for the Japanese repo - but Xiphos hung - probably indicating that the repo is unavailable. David Haslam 10:40, 1 November 2012 (MDT)
- These lines just removed. David Haslam 06:39, 19 November 2012 (MST)
=== Japanese Bibles === Some Japanese translations are available as SWORD modules from [http://bible.salterrae.net/en/]. The configuration details are given in [http://bible.salterrae.net/en/sword/repo.html Repository for japanese bibles].
Bond Slave Version
As the Bond Slave Version can be installed from the Xiphos repository, and as the Bond Slave repository is not in the CrossWire MRL, I have just removed that section from the main page. David Haslam (talk) 07:13, 25 April 2017 (MDT)