mvnForum Homepage Welcome Guest  | Guest Setting  |  Register  |   Login
  Search  
Index  | Recent Threads  | Unanswered Threads  | Who's Online  | User List  | Help

»

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 941 times and has 3 replies
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
TEI Dictionary

I am trying to develop a dictionary in TEI, but I am not successful.

I copied from the samples on the wiki pages, but tei2mod complains:

You are running tei2mod: $Rev 2138 $

The module is not writable. Writing text to it will not work.

The Sample TEI P5 documents:
Webster's Dictionary (1913)
Strong's Dictionary

gives an http: 404 error.

Please help.

Thank you,
[Mar 15, 2016 2:47:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male karl
Regular

Re: TEI Dictionary

It would help if you had shown the exact command you had used.

Nonetheless, the obvious problem is that the output directory is not writable, the files to be output from tei2mod cannot be created.
----------------------------------------
Project Admin, Xiphos
[Mar 15, 2016 4:17:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    karlkleinpaste    karlkleinpaste [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

Thank you, I had the output path incorrect.

Am I correct in my understanding that the <entryFree sortKey=... cannot have multiple words?
If so, how do I overcome this restriction please?

Thank you.
[Mar 15, 2016 6:02:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Male JohanMarais
Regular

I am progressing well with developing a TEI dictionary and it shows correctly on Xiphos.
I do however experience problems with a table, I copied the sample from the CrossWire wiki page, as well as numerous examples from TEI page, but a table is not displayed.
Does anyone know whether the CrossWire front ends support tables in TEI format and if so, can someone please give me the format for tables?
Thank you,
Johan
[Jun 2, 2016 12:59:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread