[xiphos-users] Error Correction

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Jun 10 22:24:52 EDT 2021

On 6/10/21 10:08 PM, Skaynopoyos wrote:
> I want to know what file to edit.

Most text modules are in "ztext" compressed text format. For these,
you'd have to uncompress the content, edit it, and re-compress it,
making sure that all 31,102 verses' (standard KJV versification)
constant offsets from the paired index file remained exactly the same.

Technically, you could use "mod2imp" to generate the "import format"
version of the file from the compressed files, edit that, then "imp2vs"
to get back what you want, if imp2vs takes a compression switch (I don't
know/remember). Most typically, modules are produced from OSIS-formatted
texts with "osis2mod", which will generate compressed content, but it's
a known fact that mod2imp -> osis2mod is not an idempotent round trip,
variances crop up.

This is why I say we don't fix content, and we refer people wanting mods
to use the Sword bug tracker.

Still, if you're feeling up to it, look in
~/.sword/modules/texts/ztext/MODULENAMEHERE.