[xiphos-users] Install Xiphos 4.1.x on Ubuntu 18.04

laurie laurie.fooks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 20:59:02 MST 2018

I just tried to build on Ubuntu 18.04 - on two separate installs

Sword 1.8.1 from SVN seems to build successfully on both - checked the
conf and usr/bin

On the first,

Xiphos 4.1 from Git fails as it cannot find libgtkhtml4 or gtkhtml
editor -  I have not been able to locate an install candidate this build
dependency ??

On the second, all dependencies seem OK, but does not locate the new
sword 1.8.1 and replaces it with  ver 1.73 !!

...I need to do a bit more research !

Cheers

Laurie