[xiphos-devel] windows script can't find cmake?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:39:09 MST 2020

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 2:15 PM Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org> wrote:

> On 5/17/20 12:08 PM, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
> Have you executed the podman build step, per the new docs?
>

> $ grep -rl podman
> win32/WindowsBuildNotes.txt

$ grep docker win32/WindowsBuildNotes.txt
docker run --rm -it -v $(pwd):/source greg-hellings/xiphos
docker build -t xiphos win32
docker run --rm -it -v $(pwd):/source xiphos

The first line is what "will be possible" after I add auto-building of the
source container image. The middle line is the line you're missing. That
will "build" the container based on the Dockerfile in win32/ and "-t
xiphos" will "tag" the resulting built image as "xiphos" on your local
system. That's a command you only need to run once (or if we ever edit the
Dockerfile in the future, but we probably won't do that until we update to
GTK3 and a new editor/display solution for Windows). The second command is
what you'll run as often as you need to test the Windows compile.

You should notice that the "run" command is much faster now, as all the
download and install is part of that "build" step instead of being crammed
into the shell script.

--Greg