[xiphos-devel] release this weekend?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri May 1 05:50:40 MST 2020

Is there anything to stop us from letting 4.2.0 out the door this weekend?
I need to update a new top section in RELEASE-NOTES, of course.
Greg, is that PR ready to go?

What exactly is involved now in "making a release," from the standpoint
of all the new automated tag and build processes? Previously (waf etc),
I would edit a version stamp into several files, the commit of that
would become the released version, and I'd include tarball and Windows
*.exe in the releases page. Now, I'm thinking that we mostly tag the
relevant commit and let some of the new automated machinery do its
thing. Details, please, for the sake of all concerned.