[xiphos-devel] windows build

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 10:36:55 MST 2020

Dom,

I'm looking through xc-xiphos-win.sh and I'm curious:

Can we retool this so that it's just a regular shell script that can be
passed to Docker/podman/etc and it does the installing of deps and builds
internal to itself? Then we can easily invoke it like

(docker|podman) run -i -t -v /path/to/xiphos/source:/xiphos fedora:30
/xiphos/win32/xc-xiphos-win.sh -win32

This would make things very much easier for automating builds and allowing
people to test it locally. I don't use toolbox, but I do use Docker
regularly on Fedora 31. And most all of our cloud providers come with
Docker available out of the box, but either don't offer toolbox or it's
going to be a royal pain to get it working on their infra. I'm happy to
undertake this effort, and add it to the CI, if you don't mind.

--Greg