[xiphos-devel] back from the dead

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Thu Apr 16 03:27:08 MST 2020

Greg,

On Arch Linux we are still building 4.1.0 using the waf build system, but
on our VCS package that builds from git head the cmake build system is
working perfectly as is. From the git clone directory, our cmake
incantation looks like this:

cmake -S . -B build \
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DGTKHTML=ON
make -C build
make -C build DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install

Given the right system deps, this works great and is pretty generic cmake
usage. Note the package build environment already hase CFlags/CXXFlags/etc.
set properly so they are not part of the build recipie. The full package
script is here if you are interested in the dependencies:

https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=xiphos-git

Caleb