[xiphos-devel] Build failures

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:01:23 MST 2018

On 02/06/2018 22:09, Greg Hellings wrote:
> Rebuild sword. I don't think Xiphos will link ICU directly, but if
> Sword has issues they'll appear while linking.
> -
> --Greg
>
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2018, 16:03 Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net
> <mailto:refdoc at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, I am trying to build Xiphos and fail dt my system having ICU 60.
>     but the linker seems to expect ICU57.
>
>     Is there a workaround?

if you have icu 61 you have to "patch" your sword build/package script,
by adding -DU_USING_ICU_NAMESPACE=1 to both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
variables before running configure (with appropriate flags) and make and
make install-strip
this can be safely applied when you have ICU 60 or earlier (tested with
56.1 , 60 and 61)
if you update/change icu library, don't forget  to recompile both sword,
and xiphos/bibletime/a.n.other program you use that uses sword.
regards, Tim