[wxsword-devel] Sorry for the delay

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:03:12 MST 2005

Yes, I have had excellent success with wxWidgets - it's the fact that I'm
using the wxMozilla library as my HTML display widget that's holding me up.
I have it down to requiring xpcom and nspr, from Mozilla, within its
pkg-config path. Now all that remains is to convince mozilla to compile
under MinGW. Unfortunately it is designed to compile under Cygwin, but still
build a native Windows executable. I haven't yet tried to compile Mozilla
under MinGW other than to untar it and discover that it wants Cygwin. So
I'll be working on that. Once that is overcome, everything should be smooth
sailing from there on in the realm of preparation.

Then, of course, comes the fun part of testing the work I have, so far,
done. We'll see :). I'm also looking into that Visual C++ Express as you
indicated - it looks like a possibility! Thanks.

--Greg