[wxsword-devel] MacOS X compile

Jason Turner wxsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:13:52 -0600

Christian-

The latest CVS contains some hard coded references to modules without error
checking (I know, bad idea, needs to be fixed). So, if you don't have SME and
WEB installed it will definently crash on start. It does check the
/usr/local/etc/sword.conf file, but if you are having issues with getting it
to find that file a quick fix is to move the executable into the modules
directory. Also, I have references to StrongsGreek, StrongsHebrew and
Robinson hardcoded in.

It would be awesome if you created project files for MacOSX builder, but if
you are interested in why it is not compiling using autoconf, it is likely
because it cannot find wxwin.m4 (it is located in /usr/share/aclocal/ on my
machine). One way to solve this problem is to use the snapshot source that I
just put on my the sourceforge page, it has already had autoconf run.

Sorry if this is stuff you guys already know, I am new to automake and these
are the kinds of problems that I had to work through.

-Jason