[tyndale-devel] Trying out the desktop application

David Instone-Brewer davidinstonebrewer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:12:01 MST 2012

Great!

Tried it on a netbook (HP10)  with WinXP
Opened ZIP, double-clicked on "runSTEP.bat", clicked on message
"Extract all" etc
Double-clicked on runSTEP
Ran installation, ending with a long stream of messages:
20-Nov-2012 08:06:20
org.crosswire.jsword.index.lucene.analysis.StrongsNumberFil
ter incrementToken
WARNING: Not a valid Strong's Number "H00"
WIndows security alert: WIndows Firewall blocked Java Platform Binary
- clicked on Unblock

The Command window remained showing the lucene warning for some minutes

DIdn't finish - got to go to work. Try there (though I won't be able
to get to it till about 12 - sorry )

David IB