[sword-devel] Catholic versification

pinoaffe pinoaffe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 10:06:16 EST 2024

Hello,

I don't know much about catholic bibles or sword, but just out of
curiosity: would your use-case be served if canon_catholic.h was
modified to increase the verse counts in Esther to 39, 23, 22, 47, 29,
14, 10, 41, 32, 14?  Or would the decreases in verse counts in other
chapters of other books also be necessary?

And would such a change be acceptable to others?

The catholic bibles I've encountered "in the wild" are the dutch
Willibrordvertaling of 1975 and the neovulgate.  Both of these appear to
follow canon_catholic3.h everywhere except in Esther, where they have 16
chapters

I think at some point it would be nice to have per-book versifications
or some other way to deal with bibles that don't follow a "standard"
versification, but for now we'll have to make do with what we got

Kind regards,
pinoaffe