[sword-devel] Packaging Ezra Bible App for Snap and Flatpak users?

Aaron Rainbolt arraybolt3 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 13:18:20 EST 2024

It appears that the Ezra Bible App can only be installed using
upstream packages for a select group of popular Linux distributions
currently. It would be handy for users to be able to install it by
using widely available repositories such as the Snap Store and
Flathub. I'm fairly skilled at software packaging for distros (though
I haven't done Snap or Flatpak before - I'm interested in learning how
though) and am thinking about trying to make Snap and Flatpak packages
for Ezra Bible App.

Does this seem like a good idea? Are there hurdles I should be aware
of (other than having to work with Electron)? Would the developers
prefer that I not do this?