[sword-devel] Adding another Bible version

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at eBible.org
Wed Feb 21 15:40:47 EST 2024

Thank you very much! Would it be OK to standardize the license text using the closest matching Creative Commons license? See https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/deed.es and https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/deed.en for the wording. I think this matches your intent, but with very well-thought-out legal wording. (If not, we could just copy what you wrote in your PDF file.)

>  2. We are happy to provide a working file but:
>
>      1. Forgive my ignorance but I do the layout in InDesign. Previously, I have exported as a text file for others to develop the digital modules for E-sword, online bible, and Bible Analyzer. I currently do not see any of the formats mentioned in my export or save as options. I will do some research but thought you might already know what steps I would need to take.

If you mean that the master copy, or most authoritative text is in InDesign, then you can simply send me the InDesign file and/or an HTML export of that file. I have a copy of InDesign, and can experiment with the export options to get something close enough that I can write a custom script to convert to the format I really need. The large file can go directly to just me at kahunapule at eBible.org, or if it is too large to attach, share it with Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar service. We don't need to
clutter the Sword Developer's mailing list with a large file.

>      2. We are actually in the middle of further revision work, to be completed in March or April. Perhaps it would be best to wait for the updated file, rather than using the current 2019 edition and then having to update it later or being “stuck” with an “older” edition while other programs hopefully update theirs.

Since my strategy is to use a script to convert, with little manual labor, and lower chances of making mistakes, running an updated copy through the same script would be little additional work. So it may be best to start with what you have, then run your update through the same script when it is ready. Just please remember to send me the update when it is ready, as I might not think to ask for it, then. (I maintain well over a thousand Bible modules.)

I look forward to providing our Spanish-speaking readers with another good Bible translation option.

Any questions?

--
signature