[sword-devel] OSHB module

David "Judah's Shadow" Blue yudahsshadow at gmx.com
Mon Apr 15 09:16:33 EDT 2024

On Saturday, April 6, 2024 11:35:56 AM EDT Fr Cyrille wrote:
> Hello I'm coming back to you so that we can really decide on a solution
> to this problem.
> Is it so difficult to agree? It's such a shame to have unusable modules
> with strong numbers just for convenience.
> So I ask again, is the solution with H for the Hebrew numbers and G for
> the Greek ones satisfactory and can we therefore go in that direction?
> If so, I'll take care of the modules and inform those responsible as far
> as possible.
> As Karl and Michael have already given their opinion and Michael is the
> one in charge of the most modules, for my part if nobody reacts, it
> seems to me that we should accept their de facto opinion.
> The idea of agreeing with the usfm format seems to me to be a relevant
> opinion that we should take into account.
> If someone could document this decision on the wiki, that would be great.

As a developer of a new front-end I would also be very interested in coming up
with a unified way of searching for Strong's numbers in texts that have them
encoded. I was actually just considering ways to do a "strongs" command in
BIBISH, that would search for occurrences of a given Strong's number in the
selected module (assuming the module has that feature)