[sword-devel] Web responsive Crosswire UI?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Sun Apr 14 18:12:58 EDT 2024

Hello,

I have super simple single-page web app [1] displaying Daily
Watchwords of the Moravian Brothers [2]. Each daily watchword has
some references to the Bible and I would like to add link which
display real complete Biblical text. Currently I have there links
to https://www.crosswire.org/study/, but the primary platform
for my app are mobile phones and The Bible Tool kind of sucks on
small displays.

Then I tried to use on Android https://read.andbible.org/
links [3] , which made the biblical verse be shown in AndBible
application, but it seems that it is currently broken [4], so I
will have to temporarily revert, but I am also thinking about how
I don’t like separate Android applications.

Is there any Sword Web Application written in the Web Responsive
style, which would work well on a mobile phone?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Matěj

[1] https://hesla.ceplovi.cz
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Watchwords
[3] https://github.com/AndBible/and-bible/wiki/Bible-links
[4] https://github.com/AndBible/and-bible/issues/3210
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, @mcepl at floss.social
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Courage is resistance of fear, mastery of fear, not absence of
fear.