[sword-devel] Crash when getting module type

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 29 14:21:12 EDT 2023

Hi David,

On October 29, 2023 10:52:50 MST, "David "Judah's Shadow" Blue" <yudahsshadow at gmx.com> wrote:

>The next class at play is the library class that also has a private member
>swordLibrary,
>
>sword::SWMgr swordLibrary;

This is the issue. Since you are declaring an instance of SWMgr here, it will get constructed in your library class c-tor with its own set of module and filter, etc. objects. Then in setSwordLibrary you assign that fully constructed local instance to a reference to the instance you newed outside.

SWMgr is a factory object and assigning one factory to another doesn't equate to a clear action. We could set option values from the source to the destination, I suppose, but still that would give you what you want. I would suggest changing this swordLibrary property of your library class to a pointer. Then things should work as you expect.

Hope this helps.

Troy