[sword-devel] New shared common SWORD path on Android

Timothy Allen thristian at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 09:53:09 EDT 2023

On 29/10/23 19:16, Tobias Klein wrote:
> What makes it complicated in my case is the following.
>
> Ezra Bible App on Android is a Cordova app. When it comes to
> permissions, etc. I depend on Cordova Plugins.
>
> The one that I had been using is this:
> https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-android-permissions

It seems like to store files in a shared directory on Android you'll
need to use a plugin like
https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-saf-mediastore instead.
That plugin can ask the user for permission to read and write a
directory, but it's not at all clear to me if there's a way to list the
contents of a directory. Obviously it's possible using the native
Android APIs, but I can't find anyone saying "here's how to manage a
directory tree from within Cordova", even in the Cordova tech-support
threads talking about handling files. :(

I appreciate not wanting to dive into yet another language, just to add
a somewhat niche feature. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Timothy.