[sword-devel] New shared common SWORD path on Android

Timothy Allen thristian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 23:44:13 EDT 2023

On 29/10/23 05:50, Tobias Klein wrote:
> If you happen to figure out a reliable solution for >= 11 and the new
> Scoped Storage model, I'd be happy to learn.
>
> For >= 11 I am thinking about introducing a Cloud sync feature for the
> sword directory. This could then work with Dropbox and maybe also
> OneDrive.

As an Android user, my understanding is that apps can ask the user for a
a shared directory to store their stuff in[1] and then read and write
arbitrary files within that directory. If this option were available, I
could point any SWORD apps to the same directory, and they would share
modules. Personally, I would point apps to a subdirectory of my
SyncThing directory, taking care of the cloud-sync problem too.

Timothy

[1]:
https://developer.android.com/training/data-storage/shared/documents-files#grant-access-directory