[sword-devel] Bishop to-do list

Fr Cyrille fr.cyrille at tiberiade.be
Sat Oct 28 05:57:09 EDT 2023

lHello Friends,
I may be saying something heresy, but I'll try anyway. To begin with,
I'd like to thank Troy and Tuomas for their beautiful apps, as well as
Tobias, for all their hard work.
Personally, I use Bishop and Andbible, but I intend to test Esra as well.
That's what I'm thinking about. It's a lot of work to code, and there
aren't many of you. Wouldn't it be useful to merge the projects?
Here's my case in point. I use Anbible for almost everything, except for
what bishop offers that Andbible doesn't have:

  * Daily devotional
  * the parallel passage of the Gospels with the modules of Eusebius of
    Caesarea, a really good tool.
  *   And even if I don't use it, but access to the original manuscripts
    is a great tool too.

So there are three things I think Andbible lacks to be perfect, which
I've just described.
So would it be possible, rather than creating a new program, to simply
(it may not be simple at all, pardon me for being a philistine)
integrate these strengths of bishop into Andbible, and thus have an
ultra-complete app?

Just a question/suggestion...

Br Cyrille

Le 28/10/2023 à 10:08, Peter von Kaehne a écrit :
> As you are at it… I never reported it but Bishop crashes reliably
> during all word searches on iPhones. At least on mine. Both Bishop and
> the Capuchinhos version.
>
> Peter
>
> Sent from my phone. Please forgive misspellings and weird “corrections”
>
>> On 28 Oct 2023, at 01:49, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Michael. I've not had any reports of that nor seen it. Could you
>> give me more info. I can pull up an emulator to match your setup and
>> try to reproduce.
>>

>> On October 27, 2023 17:18:43 MST, Michael Johnson
>> <Michael at eBible.org> wrote:
>>
>>     The biggest thing I would like is more stability.
>>
>>     Last time I used Bishop on my Android phone, it crashed every
>>     time I tried to tap the pull-down list to add a second in the
>>     parallel list.
>>
>>     On 10/27/23 09:09, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hey guys,
>>>
>>>     I just wanted to post here this random list of things I intend
>>>     to update for the next version of Bishop.  If anyone is
>>>     interested in helping or giving ideas, I would love collaborators.
>>>
>>>     **
>>>
>>>     *Bishop todo*
>>>
>>>     *
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Space between verse number and first character of text for
>>>         better copy and paste
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Help users know when they should add modules: in commentary
>>>         view [Install More Commentaries], strong lex, daily
>>>         devotional, gen book view, etc.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Option to migrate data files to different locations.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Option to add augment folders from other apps.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         See if there is a way to select down a column for selection
>>>         of multiple verses when in parallel view.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Option to backup and restore notes, modules, and bookmarks,
>>>         Google drive?
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Bookmark tree, maybe from BibleCS
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         ECM preload test and enable menu on Verse Study selection
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Manuscripts main menu option and integrate the mobile NTVMR
>>>         functionality.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Option to turn on other VMR sites, like CoptOT, Vetus
>>>         Latina, etc.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Some visualization for RB
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         At a glance with a gradient color percentage, over max
>>>         witnesses cell (John 18?)
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Toggle to pannable grid view with locked 1st row/column.
>>>         Find a nice grid control.
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Ship INTF current data for RB, show date of data
>>>
>>>      *
>>>
>>>         Tab to show INTF work progress bar chart along with button
> [...]

Vous aimer la Bible ? Vous êtes étudiant en théologie ? Utilisez
l'application libre Xiphos <https://xiphos.org/> ou Andbible
<https://andbible.github.io/> et accédez aux textes sources, à des
commentaires, des dictionnaires et beaucoup d'autres fonctionnalités...
Me contacter pour des traductions en français.