[sword-devel] Licensing audit of SWORD for Fedora - sharing results with upstream

Aaron Rainbolt arraybolt3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 14:12:08 EDT 2023

I believe I do understand, and think that we have a good plan. Some
users can't or don't want to use distro packages and want newer
software, so your upstream repo would be helpful for them. Other users
can't or don't want to use upstream third-party repos and want distro
version upgrades to be more likely to work, and so the distro packages
(which you would not be expected to help maintain) would be helpful for
them. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have both. If you'd like,
I might even be able to help with packaging for the upstream repos.

(If it's any consolation, users will oftentimes go and get upstream
packages and then come to distro package maintainers for help, so I get
the frustration of users seeking support from the wrong places :P)

Aaron