[sword-devel] Compiling problems

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Nov 6 14:45:06 EST 2023

Am trying after far too many years to get myself up to speed with CrossWire and hopefully back to contributing. Of course lots is rusty

And lots does not work for me...

I am on Debian (Unstable). I have downloaded sword via SVN and wanted to compile it.

./autogen.sh makes numerous complaints about a missing subdir option, usrinst.sh fails subsequently with a message around CLUCENE2

Checking online this appears to have to do with gettext - but I have it installed.

./configure: line 17649: syntax error near unexpected token `CLUCENE2,'
./configure: line 17649: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(CLUCENE2, libclucene-core >= 2.3,,true)'

I have of course clucene including its development files.

I would be grateful for some handholding here.

Thanks!

Peter