[sword-devel] SRGNT 1.0

Kovács Zoltán kovzol at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 06:55:05 EDT 2023

Dear List,
After several months of testing I am quite convinced that the SRGNT module
is mature enough to announce it:
https://github.com/kovzol/SR/releases/tag/1.0
It is based on the great work by Alan Bunning
<https://greekcntr.org/credits/index.htm>:

The 2022 Statistical Restoration is the first computer-generated text
> derived directly from the earliest manuscript witnesses using an
> algorithmic statistical model to simulate a reasoned-eclecticism approach,
> weighing both external and internal evidence in an objective manner. The
> external evidence is based on statistical reliability, earliness, and
> diversity of support, and the internal evidence is based on word
> probabilities within a variant unit and consideration of variant patterns.
> This process provides a consistently-weighed text without human bias that
> is both scientifically inspectable and reproducible, and yet still has
> close agreement to our best modern critical texts.

Copyright © 2022 by Alan Bunning released under the Creative Commons
> Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). Attribution must be
> given to Alan Bunning and the Center for New Testament Restoration, and any
> derivative work must likewise require that this attribution be included
> along with their own in any subsequent derivative works.

I think it would be great if CrossWire could host this on their server. If
not, please point me to some documentation on how I can create a public
Sword module server for those who would like to use this module.

Blessings,
Zoltán

--

*Dr. Zoltán** Kovács, MSc*

Institut Ausbildung

*Private Pädagogische Hochschule der Diözese Linz*
*Private University of Education, Diocese Linz**Salesianumweg 3, 4020 Linz*
*Mail: zoltan.kovacs at ph-linz.at <zoltan.kovacs at ph-linz.at>*

*Web: www.ph-linz.at <http://www.ph-linz.at/>*