[sword-devel] SWORD and type="x-split-#" where # is a numeric identifier?

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:02:20 EDT 2023

Another question for SWORD developers and all related front-end developers.

This is about an OSIS feature that is in use but that seems to have been neglected so far, unless I'm mistaken.

Is there any defined method whereby the SWORD engine can visually link the instances where a pair of words (in the same verse) have the same Strong's number but because they are a single word in the Hebrew or Greek, are also marked with the attribute type="x-split-#" where # is a unique numeric identifier?

What might front-end developers do to support such a useful potential feature?

cf. The following wiki page does not mention this feature yet.
https://wiki.crosswire.org/Choosing_a_SWORD_program

Further question:

Are there any examples in a SWORD module in which more than two words have the same "x-split-#" identifier?

cf. The KJV module source text contains 7729 instances of the string "x-split" which (being an odd number) might indicate that there's at least one such triplet, unless there's an orphaned half of what should have been a pair.

Best regards,

David Haslam

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

PS. Are my emails to sword-devel getting through and being considered.
Some of my past questions have elicited no responses.