[sword-devel] SWORD Module Search / Also searching footnote content?

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sun Jan 29 13:57:47 EST 2023

Hi Troy,

I tried this now, but it is not working as intended. In case of my
example it is related to Headings.

These are my steps:

1) I am using a SWMgr for search where Headings are turned off:
mgr->setGlobalOption("Headings", "Off");
2) I am searching the NASB with a Multi Word Search
(SWModule::SEARCHTYPE_MULTIWORD) and the search term is "cities".
3) I get Judges 1:11 as a result, but I do not expect that. When you
check you see that the previous headline is "Capture of Other Cities".
So the headline is matching, but not the verse content.

When I use the exact phrase search (SWModule::SEARCHTYPE_PHRASE) in NASB
with the search term "cities", then Judges 1:11 is not part of the
search results.

What is the explanation for this behavior?

Best regards,
Tobias