[sword-devel] Rendering issues with Finnish Umlauts in FinPR

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 22 02:31:06 EST 2023

Thanks Kristóf.

The rendering problem could have been fixed a decade ago!!!

Checking through my email archives yesterday, I discovered that I had rebuilt the FinPR module exactly 10 years ago! That rebuild used mod2imp and imp2vs and included a fix to the text encoding implemented on the IMP text file). The message was sent to the modules address on 2013-01-21 but presumably never progressed by Chris Little who was then still supposed to be responsible for module releases and updates. He went permanently AWOL from CrossWire around that time.

Back then we had not narrowed the policy for submitted source text to be OSIS XML only.

I wrote privately to Tobias last night, forwarding the email of 10 years ago complete with both attachments. He will examine those today.

Aside: I also replaced <…> by {…} where these had wrapped the ch:vs references that recorded av11n in the original upstream source. In 2012, there had been no suitable av11n available in SWORD but which we do have more recently.

mod2osis should not be used, as has already been noted.
A round trip with mod2osis and osis2mod is not lossless, unlike one with mod2imp and imp2vs.

Best regards,

David

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS