[sword-devel] AKJV source.

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 12:54:42 EST 2023

Cyrille found 2 "errors" in short order on the AKJV module... And as a
result I'm bughunting... which means trying to match it back to it's source
to look for what's changed in the KJV that they started with.

I compared The Project Gutenberg 2003 KJV (etext 10) from the CD image to
the current Project Gutenberg KJV etext 10 (9/2023 edition, but they may
have already  updated to remove some all cap words since I contacted them.
Every typo in the Project Gutenberg KJV text in the last 20 years was
present in the AKJV, and I'v updated them. This includes things like ALL of
Psalm 72:1 and Psalm 92:1 were capitalized.   So, I'm fairly sure the
source is the gutenberg text, but it should have forked from Gutenberg in
1995-1997.

I asked Mrs. Engelbrite, and she pointed me to the KJV text that would have
been on crosswire in the mid to late 1990s.

Is there a KJV module on a CD image or in an offline repo somewhere
containing the 1995ish version of a KJV module that is known to be sourced
from Project Gutenberg etext 10?  I would like to obtain that to further
bug-hunt the AKJV module.