[sword-devel] transChange element

pinoaffe pinoaffe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 04:34:54 EST 2023

Hi,

Tobias Klein <contact at tklein.info> writes:
> I am planning to turn the meta data of the transChange element into
> user-readable information (see ezra-bible-app #972).
Cool!

> I was wondering what are the different types? I did not find an
> exhaustive list.
There's a list on page 122 of the OSIS 2.1.1 User Manual, see below:

- *added*: Words added.
- *amplified*: More than addition of words to smooth out a translation.
- *changed*: Words are changed in the translation, such as modern spellings.
- *deleted*: Words that appear in the original but not in the translation.
- *moved*: Words that are moved to better represent the meaning of the text
    being translated from their original order.
- *tenseChange*: Indicates a change of the tense from the original to one
    that occurs in the translation language.

also, creators of OSIS documents can of course introduce their own types
prefixed with "x-" such as "x-spellingCorrection" or anything else.

> These are the types I discovered:
>
> - added
> - deleted
> - tenseChange