[sword-devel] Tools for enhancing OSIS documents

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 29 05:29:55 EDT 2023

Thanks Timothy,

Adyeths withdrew his ‘orefs.py’ script because he wasn’t satisfied that it could ever achieve 100% accurate success.

And I have observed that an even greater technical challenge is to add OSIS reference markup for modules that use a Right to Left script such as Urdu. Special Unicode formatting characters are required.

I made some real progress with the underlying essential principles using a bespoke TextPipe filter several years ago, but my development never saw the light of day for various reasons outside CrossWire.

Best regards,

David