[sword-devel] AndBible WEBC Daniel

Michael Johnson Michael at eBible.org
Sun Apr 23 03:29:16 EDT 2023

Hello, Jonathan.

WEB and WEBC indeed contain Daniel (Greek). However, I don't know how to
select a Sword Engine versification that can cause the front ends
(AndBible, Bishop, Xiphos, etc.) to properly display Daniel (Greek).
They can display some fragments of Daniel (Greek), like Susanna and Bel
and the Dragon, but the World English Bible isn't split up that way, and
won't be. Daniel (Greek) makes more sense when presented as a whole. I'm
not sure if this is possible to do within the Sword ecosystem.

In the mean time, eBible.org epub files work well with Google Books and
Apple Books, among other epub readers, no matter what their
versification. You can get to any chapter in about 3 taps. The Sword
Engine tries to force-fit every Bible translation into a small set of
predefined, hard-coded versification schemes, none of which exactly
match the World English Bible. In fact, they don't exactly match a very
high percentage of Bible translations.

--
signature

Aloha,
*/Michael Johnson/**
26 HIWALANI LOOP • MAKAWAO HI 96768-8747*• USA
mljohnson.org <https://mljohnson.org/> • eBible.org <https://eBible.org>
• WorldEnglish.Bible <https://WorldEnglish.Bible> • PNG.Bible
<https://PNG.Bible>
Signal/Telegram/WhatsApp/Telephone: +1 808-333-6921
Skype: kahunapule • Telegram/Twitter: @kahunapule • Facebook:
fb.me/kahunapule <https://www.facebook.com/kahunapule>