[sword-devel] InstallMgr::getModuleStatus / Performance optimization possible?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 5 12:35:31 EDT 2022

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for taking the time to test. Are you sure you have built with
usrinst.sh options adjusted to switch to release optimizations?

Also, I wanted to mention that the cache is built upon the first scan of
the files in the folder. I am not sure what your test program does, but
have a look for a modules-conf.cache file in your mods.d/ folder to see
if your next SWMgr construction will benefit from the cache. For the
remote repositories on your desktop, these should live under your home
folder/.sword/installMgr/...

I'll do a few more tests today to see if there is anything else I can
speed up. It is good to hear things improved from SVN before my recent
changes. We should do a profiling pass before a new stable branch to be
sure we haven't done anything silly over the past year which affects
performance.

Let me know if you discover any new info,

Troy

On November 4, 2022 10:25:14 AM MST, Tobias Klein <contact at tklein.info>