[sword-devel] Question about strong morph and xiphos

Fr Cyrille fr.cyrille at tiberiade.be
Sun Jun 19 03:42:55 EDT 2022

Hi Friends,
Thank you for the answers. For Pierre, look in KJV:
diatheke -b KJV -o mn -f FMT_OSIS -k Gen 1:1
Genesis 1:1: <w lemma="strong:H07225" savlm="strong:H07225">In the
lemma="strong:H0853 strong:H01254" morph="*strongMorph:TH8804*"
savlm="strong:H0853 strong:H01254">created</w> <w lemma="strong:H08064"
savlm="strong:H08064">the heaven</w> <w lemma="strong:H0853"
savlm="strong:H0853">and</w> <w lemma="strong:H0776"
savlm="strong:H0776">the earth</w>.
(KJV)
You can see what I'm seeking about. It's exactly what Troy said.

Le 18/06/2022 à 21:16, Troy A. Griffitts a écrit :
> I believe I understand what we're talking about, but please correct me
> if I am wrong.
>
> A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, our data from Bible
> Foundation which was originally produced by them with the intend to be
> used by the Online Bible software package had "extended strongs"
> numbers which identified various verb tenses. So verbs would have 2
> numbers, the first for the strongs lemma and the second for the
> parsing of the verb.
Yes. And I have this numbers in the French strong dictionary and in the
Chinese strong dictionary.

> We are not trying to continue to support this system. Please do not
> include these numbers in new modules.
OK, but I'm speaking about an update of an old module. Can I remove it?
I'm speaking only about the Old Testament. For the NT the mapping is
working fine.
Removing it is easy, but if we create a new module, called by instance
"StrongMorph" It can be useful too, no?

> Hope that helps,
Yes it's helping.

@all: And about Xiphos, no body planned to work on it?