[sword-devel] Efficiently extracting section + chapter headers

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Jan 6 16:16:38 EST 2022

This is coming late to it, but would it be feasible to create an additional option _in the engine_ which _drops_ the Biblical text?

The practical result would be what you are looking for, but the mechanics would not be a search but in essence a complete print-out of the required section, simply without the text. And I think that might be faster for this purpose.

We have made basically every single feature of the text toggable, but for the actual text and this would add that option.

The immediate downside I can see to my thought that this would add a test and decision to every actual Print-out and make the engine in its normal work a fraction slower. Which might be acceptable or not….

Troy, is this a daft thought?

Peter

Sent from my phone. Please forgive misspellings and weird “corrections”