[sword-devel] Ezra Bible App available for Android mobile now

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 16:32:01 EDT 2022

On Sun, Aug 21, 2022, 15:15 Tobias Klein <contact at tklein.info> wrote:

> On 8/21/22 7:42 PM, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
> - Built-in ability to sync database via Cloud storage (I am planning to
>>> start with Dropbox). This then supports the usecase of using the same
>>> database across multiple devices (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile).
>>>

>> As someone who likes to self host with Synology, I would love to see
>> integration with that.
>>
>> You mean a NAS on the local network? What would be the interface to that?
>> Local http(s)?
>> Are there existing integrations for that with other apps?
>>
> Synology is a NAS appliance, yes. However, it comes with mobile apps (the
> main one of relevance here is called Drive) that simulate the behavior of
> Box, DropBox, etc apps for synching arbitrary files. On Android it appears
> in my list of places to open or save files to when I'm dealing with email
> attachments or social media uploads similar to the other apps mentioned.
>
> Ok. I would need to check this. The question is whether there is some kind
> of existing API to interface with this app ...

The app seems to hook directly into the Android file subsystem, so it
probably can work with a straight open/save dialog. I have used it with
KeePassXC successfully in the past this way.

Alternatively the NAS itself has an HTTP API you can access directly.
https://global.download.synology.com/download/Document/Software/DeveloperGuide/Package/FileStation/All/enu/Synology_File_Station_API_Guide.pdf

--Greg