[sword-devel] ISV Bible

Samuel Smith satlug at net153.net
Tue Aug 16 22:24:59 EDT 2022

On 8/16/22 12:42, Michael H wrote:
> Can you say any more about the authors and who has passed and who
> remains, and what contact you did attempt?
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 12:02 PM Samuel Smith <satlug at net153.net
> <mailto:satlug at net153.net>> wrote:
>
>     Now most of the authors havepassed away in the last two years so not
>     sure of the project status.

The ISV foundation was made up of:
(from
https://web.archive.org/web/20160626223056/https://www.isv.org/bible/about-us/)

William Welty
Obituary:
https://www.facebook.com/KoinoniaHouse/posts/dr-william-welty-passed-from-this-life-into-glory-july-11-2019-1952-2019-he-was-/2835424499805302/

Chuck Missler
Obituary: https://www.khouse.org/in-memory-of-chuck-missler/

George Giacumakis
Obituary: https://news.fullerton.edu/2019/04/george-giacumakis/

I did not know about William Welty or the ISV until I randomly heard
about it from a youtube video back in 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scYlscgRvnk where he briefly described
his work on the ISV. It seemed interesting and I wanted a hard copy of
the ISV and would check the website (isv.org) a few times per year as it
always stated a hard copy would be available "next year". Then I noticed
a /downloads url was open to the public on isv.org
(https://web.archive.org/web/20190414120747/https://www.isv.org/downloads/)
This is where the files I posted came from. I had it on my personal todo
list to email the ISV foundation and see if they needed any volunteer
help with anything, but before I ever got around to that, the website
went offline. I could not find any email addresses for William Welty
other than ones that ended in "isv.org". From there I found a few public
emails from the original translators and emailed them about the
project's status, but the answers I got were mostly of the "I don't
know" category.

Regards,
Samuel Smith