[sword-devel] Weird SWORD search bug

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Mon Apr 18 04:04:50 EDT 2022

Hi all,

Just to close this loop ... I found the root-cause of this bug ... and 
fixed it in node-sword-interface.

The reason was that when determining the ListKey for the search scope, 
the versification of the basic VerseKey was always the KJV one. I fixed 
this by retrieving the VerseKey from the searched module instead of 
using a "generic one".

Best regards,

On 12/30/21 1:53 PM, Tobias Klein wrote:
> Hi Troy & all,
> I hope you all had a merry Christmas with your families and friends!
> I’ve been encountering a weird search bug and I suspect it’s somewhere 
> in the SWORD engine.
> Here is how I get it:
> Given I use the module GerNeUe
> And I set the search scope to NT books
> And I use the search term “Herrschaft”
> And I perform an “Exact phrase” search
> Then all search results are slightly offset (by 1 verse) starting from 
> Acts 20:24 (should be Acts 20:25) and ending at Revelation 12:9 
> (should be 12:10) whereas the search results before and after these 
> verses are fine.
> If I perform the same search not limiting the search scope, I get 
> correct results.
> Could this be related to versification differences?
> I know that for example in Acts there is a slight versification 
> difference starting in 19:41 and in Revelation there is a 
> versification difference starting in 12:17 (they balance each other 
> out). Therefore the search results are probably fine again in Revelation.
> Best regards,
> Tobias
> _______________________________________________
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> http://crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/sword-devel
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/attachments/20220418/df959129/attachment.html>

More information about the sword-devel mailing list