[sword-devel] New shared common SWORD path on Android

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Sep 12 09:51:53 EDT 2021

Dear all,

I've been updating Bishop to work on newer versions of Android and have
found that we are running into problems trying to create the
"Nonstandard top-level folder" 'sword' at the root of the common storage
folder.

Tobias, I know a while back you mentioned that you had to update Ezra
for Android recently, but it has been a long while since we talked about
it and I'd like to know if you've had any updated thoughts on what
you're doing there.

Any other mobile Android devs have any thoughts.

For now, I have updated our cordova plugin (and thus Bishop) to check
and if possible use paths in this preferred order:

"/sdcard/Documents/sword"

"/sdcard/sword"

((android.app.Application)
app).getApplicationContext().getFilesDir().getAbsolutePath();

And we are augmenting modules from AndBible:

"/sdcard/Android/data/net.bible.android.activity/files"

... but I'd prefer not to do this any longer, once we all agree and
implement storing files in a common location.

Any thoughts?

Troy