[sword-devel] Module release: Clarke

domcox at crosswire.org domcox at crosswire.org
Thu Oct 28 07:08:49 EDT 2021

Dear All,

This is to announce that we have just now uploaded Clarke
in the CrossWire (main) repository.

## Language:
English

Adam Clarke's Commentary and critical notes on the Bible

## Category:
Commentary

## Version:
This is an update. Version: 2.0

## What's new:
The source text of the Clarke module is lost. After extensive investigations, the only place where the text can still be found is sacredtext (and now wikisource). Clarke is missing from the resources proposed by CCEL. So, not having the source anymore, we thought it was relevant to compare the sacredtext with the current module. The samples we compared give the advantage to sacredtext especially for the biblical languages which are written in the original characters in the sacredtext text. But also because sacredtext has kept the introductions of the biblical books. The only advantage of the current module, which we will take the time to correct, concerns short text analysis at the end of some books and psalms. We have not been able to verify why these analyses are present in the module and not in the sacredtext. It still seems to us that the source of sacredtext and the module was the same, because we encountered the same errors reported on the bug tracker. Error that we can now correct and report to sacredtext which invites users to do so. But even more to do it yourself on wikisource which is finally the most appropriate place to store a public domain source. In conclusion, although the new text is quite close to the current module, it gives us the advantage of being able to benefit from a new source and thus to be able to correct possible gaps in the text, such as the one reported on the tracker, and above all it gives us access to the introduction that was missing from the current module.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

We wish you enjoyable reading,
The Module Team

P.S.: This email is sent automatically on upload of a new/updated module