[sword-devel] Bible Study App 4.0 has been released!

Tuomas Airaksinen tuomas.airaksinen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 02:33:37 EDT 2021

(Permanent URL to press release document)
<https://github.com/AndBible/and-bible/wiki/Press-release:-Bible-Study-App-version-4.0-has-been-released!>

Bible Study App 4.0 has been released!

New version of Bible Study App by And Bible Open Source Project has been
released and is now available in Play Store
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.bible.android.activity>,
F-Droid <https://f-droid.org/packages/net.bible.android.activity/>, Github
<https://github.com/AndBible/and-bible/releases>, Samsung Galaxy Store,
Huawei AppGallery and soon in Amazon App Store. This is the biggest And
Bible release ever made and has improvements of over one year of
development work.

Highlights:

   -

   Character accurate bookmarks
   -

   Bookmarks & My Notes merged & improved
   -

   My Notes commentary view
   -

   Study Pads for creating sermon notes etc.
   -

   Strongs dictionary by clicking words

See Release notes
<https://github.com/AndBible/and-bible/wiki/v4.0-Release-Notes> for more
details.

Videos:

   -

   "What's new" video <https://youtu.be/f2cf6-7liM>
   -

   Promotional video (share this via social media!)
   <https://youtu.be/xf7m4rSuxGw>
   -

   Tutorials (playlist)
   <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD-W_Iw-N2Mn5N3KSmNsb2IuBbR1XVLke>

Special thanks to Andrew Rogers, who has been major help in making this
release what it is (UX, UI, tutorial videos etc).

Big thanks also to:

   -

   Timmy Braun - improvements in Reading Plans feature
   -

   Matt Schlosser - improved landing screen after fresh installation
   -

   Jan-Jaap Korpershoek - reference parser to notes editor
   -

   All who have been contributed any code, doing beta testing, reporting
   bugs
   -

   Andrew, Timmy and Ben for lifting a burden from my shoulders in helping
   me with our help desk email and other support channels.

Praise and thanks to God!

Tuomas Airaksinen

Lead developer of And Bible Open Source Project