[sword-devel] #bibletime is now on irc.oftc.net

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 16 02:02:39 EST 2021

I know many other collaboration frameworks were discussed and this email
is not meant to discourage their use, and I realize Bibletime mentioned
they went with OFTC for IRC, and I don't mean to disagree with their
decision...

Preparing for these conferences this week, I found that our "chat with
us" link on our website was pointing to a defunct freenode channel.  My
very very brief research seems to show most of freenode now moving to
libera.chat.  I also noticed that many of our regular chat users ended
up over there so I modified our web chat link, and thus our recommended
IRC channel to point to libera.chat:

https://web.libera.chat/?nick=Guest?#sword

This link shows up in the conference promotion, so if you have time to
monitor the channel this week and patiently support newcomers with
questions, your efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Troy