[sword-devel] eBible.org down?

Michael Johnson Michael at eBible.org
Fri Jul 23 19:22:32 EDT 2021

Yes, it was. Two more times. Although the second one may not have been noticed due to its short duration.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I got a mysterious ECDSA signature change on the server ID, then it went down. As I was attempting to recover, I made it worse with a one-line configuration file mistake that almost bricked the server, and had to rebuild it from the OS up. Remote server administration is hard. It is almost back online. In the meantime, eBible.org is running on the hot standby server.

And, yes Timmy, please do include me in notifications when the eBible.org repo goes down. It would be best to monitor both https://eBible.org/sword/ and ftp://ftp.ebible.org/sword/, as one can fail without the other one failing.