[sword-devel] Unicode / Windows

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Wed Jan 27 15:18:40 EST 2021

Hi all,

I just recently faced some issues related to Unicode paths on Windows
<https://github.com/ezra-project/node-sword-interface/issues/9> and
remembered the (brief) discussion on this list last summer.

I then learned about what's needed to handle Unicode paths properly on
Windows (working with all those w-prefixed methods and having to convert
all strings to UTF16 before calling those methods).

If anyone of you ever runs in the same issues (I suppose many of you
already did ...), this blogpost has been very helpful to me:

/Using UTF-8 as the internal representation for strings in C and C++
with Visual Studio/
http://www.nubaria.com/en/blog/?p=289

Blessings, I hope you're all doing fine!

Best regards,
Tobias