[sword-devel] Ezra Project 0.17.0-Beta3 - First working test candidate on Android

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 14 13:49:06 EST 2021

Dear Tobias,

I have spent a bit of time this morning investigating the cost of
including a Unicode toUpper map from an official source in the SWORD source.

Using this URL from IBM:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/nls/rbagslowtoupmaptable.htm

I have grabbed at least a UCS2 table (this includes all Unicode values
which fit into 16bits) and the source file which is here:

https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/include/swtoupperdata.h

only results in about 14k and is only included is you aren't compiling
with ICU support, so this shouldn't impact most all SWORD builds.

I've updated the default StringMgr::upperUTF8 to use this map and the
testsuite passes.

If you want to skip calling back into your JavaScript env to do the
toUpper, then you should be able to fallback to this.

Hope this helps,

Troy