[sword-devel] ModDisp.jsp character encoding

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 4 20:21:38 EST 2021

Dear Kristóf,

Thank you for reporting this.  Yeah, I've been meaning to look into this
for quite some time.  I just ran our page through the w3c validator and
wow, it was a mess, ending in error "1001. Too many errors"

It now validates:

https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crosswire.org%2Fsword%2Fmodules%2FModDisp.jsp%3FmodType%3DBibles

And I fixed an FileInputStream error in SWConfig.java which read byte by
byte from the .conf files and didn't appropriately specify the result
was UTF-8.  It should all work fine now:

http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModDisp.jsp?modType=Bibles

And thank you for your further offer to "update" the page from "Java" to
something more modern :)  I won't even begin that discussion here at the
risk of starting language wars :P

I really appreciate the offer to help, and normally I would have taken
you up on that, but there was so much HTML to update that I just figured
it would be better for me to save your time.

Blessings,

Troy