[sword-devel] SWORD locales.d/locales.conf

Evgen Kucherov zhuke at ukr.net
Fri Aug 20 17:58:44 EDT 2021

Hello SWORD community and Troy :)

While working on organizing language list of available modules for Ezra
Bible App frontend, I decided to convert SWORD locale list
(https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/locales.d/locales.conf) to JSON
at building time. I'm also adding some extra details about languages
(Localized language names are available from International Components
for Unicode (ICU) through Intl API
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Intl/DisplayNames)
and language type (living, extinct, historic, constructed) info can be
pulled from ISO-639-3 standard).

I have the following questions:

1. What is the purpose of locales.d/locales.conf? Is it intended to be
the complete list of all the languages of all the modules available
through SWORD repositories?

2. If so, I found experimentally that there are few languages that are
missing from locale.conf:

      ['cek', 'cth', 'dnj', 'esg', 'iqw', 'izz', 'ncq']

Should I create a patch?

3. There are some entries that are not comply to to BCP 47 and RFC 4647
standards as described in Lang section of
http://wiki.crosswire.org/DevTools:conf_Files. Are those just a legacy
entries?

--
/sincerely,/