[sword-devel] SWORD Virtual Coffee/Tea

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 17 14:02:09 EDT 2021

Hey guys.  As much as I would like to meet with you all this Sunday, I
will be driving from Albuquerque to Phoenix and probably won't have a
reasonable connection on the road.

As if we need another solutions, to throw another hat in the ring, we
use Google Meet often for our team meetings.  It is free for "100
participants, and for up to 60 minutes per meeting," can be used simply
in the browser without installing any app, anyone can join if you give
out a simple link to the meeting.  It works pretty well.

https://meet.google.com

I've had trouble with Teams and "external" accounts, recently.  I
received a meeting link, and when I clicked it, it asked me to sign on
to my "Microsoft" account... one option was to use my Skype ID, which I
did have, so I used that, and then Microsoft asked for an email.  After
I provided my email, I received notice that my Skype ID had been changed
to my email address!!!  On top of all that, when I proceeded to sign in
for the Teams meeting, it wouldn't let me join because it said my
"company is not a member of Teams" and asked me to sign my "company" up
for Teams.  We gave up and I sent a Google Meet link.

Please know I want to be there on Sunday and I'll try to show up if I
happen to be someplace with network access at the time of our meeting.

Tobias, this is your good initiative, just pick a technology and post
the details to join.  We can learn from the experience and adapt if
necessary for the next time.

Blessings,

Troy