[sword-devel] Export of SWORD module bible text and user data into text documents

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sun Sep 13 15:16:18 EDT 2020

Hi,

I've been thinking about the use case of exporting bible text in
combination with user data (notes, tags, etc.).

This is a normal use case in the context of bible study, especially for
preparing sermons and/or bible study material.

I realize that translations like the NASB have rules that for example do
not allow to export a complete book, only  a certain number of verses etc.

Would it be possible to "codify" these rules in the SWORD module files?
In this case the frontends could detect what's allowed for specific
modules and offer the user export functionality based on that.

My specific use case would be the following:

Export a word document containing the entire text of a book in a table:

1st column: Verse Reference
2nd column: Verse text
3rd column: Tags
4th column: User notes

I realize that this may be a controversial topic. Nevertheless I do
think it is an important use case.

Thoughts?

Best regards,
Tobias