[sword-devel] Ezra Project 0.14.0 released

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Sep 5 05:12:06 EDT 2020

Hi Greg,

There are two fixes available in Ezra Project master, you can pull and
see whether those fixes are what you expected. Also, I could not
reproduce one of your reported issues. See below.

>> 1) I absentmindedly selected a random module and pulled up a random
>> book - Ecclesiastes in the Westcott-Hort Greek NT module. Of course,
>> Ecclesiastes was grayed out in the book selection box, but that
>> didn't stop me from selecting it. As a result, I sat and stared at
>> the spinning UI widget for an embarrassingly long period of time
>> before I realized it was a PEBKAC situation and not a technical one.
>> Perhaps disabling the selection (or even display?) of unavailable
>> portions of a text would be an improvement, here?
> Disabling the selection is what I would consider.

This is fixed now.
See https://github.com/tobias-klein/ezra-project/issues/111

>> 4) When I loaded a verse and clicked "Compare Translations", I really
>> like the box that pops up. That's a nice touch I haven't seen
>> anywhere else. However, the title bar for it reads "Comparing
>> translations for None" when accessed from searches. It properly shows
>> "Comparing translations for Matthew 1:1" when I access it directly
>> from the text.
> That's a bug for sure. I'll fix it in the next release.
I could not reproduce this. Would you mind sending me a detailed
"scenario" of your "click sequence" and which module you were using?

>> 5) Looking at the text window, it was not immediately obvious that
>> the numbers running down the left hand side were chapter numbers. I
>> thought they were allowing me to select verses and get more
>> information on the verse itself. So when I clicked on one, it
>> surprised me to be suddenly taken to another place in Matthew.
>> Perhaps a header in the column would be appropriate?
> Good point. I like usability feedback! Yes, I'll consider adding a
> small header.

This is fixed now.
See https://github.com/tobias-klein/ezra-project/issues/112

>> 6) Something is weird about the rendering of footnotes in the ASV
>> module. Instead of having superscript characters, the numbers (1, 2,
>> 3) appear in the text directly, and the footnotes appear directly at
>> the end of each verse like "1) some note text". This isn't the case
>> with other modules I tested, so something is going on that's
>> different. Most likely a difference in the rendered HTML from the
>> module. ASV isn't particularly necessary, it's just one I happened to
>> have installed and could take a look at.
> I need to look into this and get back separately.

For now I created an issue on GitHub, have not looked into the
root-cause yet.
https://github.com/tobias-klein/ezra-project/issues/113

Best regards,
Tobias